BCM has created a highly successful data driven Digital Audit and Strategy framework. The audit process begins after a lengthy discovery session (or two, or three) where we learn all we can from you about your business and who you believe is your competition. Once the audit is presented we take the insights from that research and build a cohesive digital strategy. The digital strategy will then drive the marketing strategy and specific tactics (marketing plan) to be implemented to grow your brand. Below are some of the individual pieces that are on our journey to creating a killer digital presence and increased sales and revenue.
In order to develop a strategy, plan for the future and measure our success, we need to get a baseline view of your current digital footprint. This study of your brand’s digital presence (on its own and in relation to your competitors) across key areas: Reach, Architecture, Content, Conversion, Integration and Measurement.
When doing the audit and research, it is important to see what is working, what we could do better and what is actually broken. At the end of each audit category, actionable insights are presented in order to move on to the digital strategy.
Digital Audit Components
- Discovery Phase: Identify goals, messages and target audiences.
- Competitive Analysis: Analyze the digital presence of 3-5 competitors.
- Internal Analysis: Using clients own data and analytics.
- Digital Ecosystem: Map where your brand currently lives online.
- Conversion: Best Practices, customer experience
- Social Content: Define best practices and areas for improvement.
- Social Engagement: Explore trends in top performing content.
- Social Share of Voice: See how you compare to competitors.
- Paid Media: Evaluate performance of social and PPC campaigns.
- Search/SEO: Identify organic search opportunities.
- Marketing Foundation: Clarify objectives, target audiences and key messages.
- Customer Personas: Expand customer personas to engage through digital marketing.
- Digital Ecosystem: Identify key digital marketing channels to reach target audiences.
- Tone of Voice: Identify key personality attributes of the brand voice.
- Social Content: Outline social platforms and content cadence, types and examples.
- Social Care: Establish process to manage community listening and response.
- Paid Media: Define objectives, channels, budget allocation and ad types.
- Other Digital Tactics: Recommend additional tactics to support growth.
- Measurement Strategy: Outline measurement and reporting process, cadence and KPIs.
Assess these audit areas internally and benchmark your performance against your competitors where possible. Has your organization conducted a digital audit recently? Were the findings helpful in advancing your digital strategy? Is there anything else you measured?